LQwD FinTech Corp.
(TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF)
LQwD FinTech Corp. (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF) is a financial technology company focused on creating enterprise-grade infrastructure to drive bitcoin adoption.
LQwD FinTech’s mission is to develop institutional-grade services that support the Lightning Network and drive improved functionality, transaction capability, user adoption and utility, and scaling of bitcoin. LQwD is also securing a substantial position in bitcoin as an operating asset and will use its holdings to establish nodes and payment channels on the Lightning Network.
The Lightning Network is a second-layer protocol, sitting above the bitcoin blockchain, intended to facilitate faster micro-transactions and lower fees on bitcoin transactions, thus allowing mass adoption of bitcoin.
LQwD expects the Lightning Network to eclipse the patchwork of legacy financial networks that are used to move value today. The company’s software will make migration from legacy networks onto the Lightning Network easy and seamless. By onboarding more financial service providers, LQwD intends to grow the value of the Lightning Network.
The company, formerly known as Interlapse Technologies Corp., is harnessing new payment rails built on top of the bitcoin blockchain that are capable of beyond visa-level transaction volumes and backed by bitcoin, the strongest and most well-known cryptocurrency. These new rails, enabled by the Bitcoin Lightning Network, open a vast opportunity and market segment for digital payments and financial services on a global scale. LQwD aims to leverage its position as a public company to enhance
trust in its products and services, and leverage its shares as currency for acquisitions, roll-up and growth, as well as to attract and retain top industry talent.
- The company completed the acquisition of LQwD Financial Corp. in June 2021.
- To date, the company has spent a total of C$8.3 million to purchase approximately 139 Bitcoins, which it now holds, at an average cost of approximately C$60,000 (US$48,000) per Bitcoin.
- LQwD FinTech investors gain exposure to bitcoin as an asset.
- Investors also gain exposure to the Lightning Network, which is positioned for rapid growth.
CryptoNewsBreaks - LQwD FinTech Corp. (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF) Leveraging Lightning Network with PaaS Offering
June 9, 2022 3:50 PM
- LQwD released its platform as a service offering in November 2021, also releasing its first node on the Lightning Network – US-West
- Since then, nine additional nodes have been released worldwide: Ireland, India, Germany, Indonesia, Italy, Singapore, Sweeden, England, and France – with more likely to follow
- Despite volatility in Bitcoin, the Lightning Network continues to grow, with most recent reports indicating that the Network’s capacity is over 3,539 BTC
- Users can send payments quickly and with lower fees when utilizing the Lightning Network and PaaS solutions like LQwD
LQwD FinTech (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF), a company focused on developing institution-grade payment infrastructure,
liquidity and solutions for the Lightning Network (“LN”), is among companies that are not in the “watch and wait” mode when it comes to Bitcoin or the LN. This is despite observers’ expectations that the crypto market will stay in a bear phase for some time. “LQwD is still leveraging the Lightning Network with its platform as a service (‘PaaS’). LQwD launched its PaaS offering lqwd.tech in November 2021, the same time it launched its first node on the Lightning Network in the United States. Since then, LQwD has strategically launched many additional nodes worldwide,” a recent article reads. “The Bitcoin blockchain does not have the capacity to facilitate thousands of payments at one time, making the scaling of the Lightning Network even more important as acceptance of
cryptocurrency rises. The Bitcoin Lightning Network continues to grow, despite the volatility of the actual market. As of recent reports (March 2022), the capacity of the Lightning Network currently exceeds 3,539 BTC.”
Receive SMS Text Alerts from CryptoCurrencyWire
Text "CRYPTO" to 844-397-5787
(US Mobile Phones Only)
Blockchain Futurist Conference
8/9 - 8/10
The Blockchain Futurist Conference is a larger-than-life Blockchain event that returns to Toronto on August 9-10th, 2022. Being held in the cabana area of the waterfront, the conference will witness 5000 people networking and participating in panel discussions, keynote sessions, round tables, panels, workshops, and more.
The conference is hosted by Untraceable Events, a global company organizing blockchain and cryptocurrency events in Canada since 2013.
As a part of the Blockchain Futurist Conference, the ETHToronto will be held from August 8-10th 2022. Those who are interested in building the web3 world can participate as hackers, mentors, speakers, or volunteers.
Eminent personas and dignitaries will be residing as speakers in the main stage presentations, alongside panel discussions and industry keynotes. Interested parties can enroll in the numerous workshops being conducted at the event.
To learn more, please visit https://www.futuristconference.com
To learn more about the ETHToronto event, please visit https://www.ethtoronto.ca
- Investors, tech wizards, financial institutions, researchers, regulators, businesses, and enthusiasts of the crypto, blockchain, NFT, Metaverse, Defi, and DAOs arena are invited to attend the Blockchain Futurist Conference.
- Offering a futuristic immersive experience, the event is Canada’s largest cryptocurrency and Blockchain event, being held from 9-10th August 2022 at the Rebel Entertainment Complex & Cabana, Toronto, Canada.
- The ETHToronto, the official Hackathon of the Blockchain Futurist Conference, will be held from 8-10 August 2022 at the 40,000 square foot mega hacker indoor dome
About CryptoCurrencyWire (CCW)
CryptoCurrencyWire (“CCW”) is a financial news and content distribution company, one of 40+ brands within our InvestorBrandNetwork
(“IBN”), that provides: (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to 1+ million followers; and (5) a full array of corporate
communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CCW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CCW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness.
CryptoCurrencyWire is where news, content and information converge.
For more information, please visit https://www.CryptoCurrencyWire.com
View the latest press releases and news articles covering blockchain and crytpocurrency related companies.
Connect With Us
Follow us on social media for the latest news and information from our network of brands and clients.