LQwD FinTech Corp.
(TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF)
LQwD FinTech Corp. (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF) is a financial technology company focused on creating enterprise-grade infrastructure to drive bitcoin adoption.
LQwD FinTech’s mission is to develop institutional-grade services that support the Lightning Network and drive improved functionality, transaction capability, user adoption and utility, and scaling of bitcoin. LQwD is also securing a substantial position in bitcoin as an operating asset and will use its holdings to establish nodes and payment channels on the Lightning Network.
The Lightning Network is a second-layer protocol, sitting above the bitcoin blockchain, intended to facilitate faster micro-transactions and lower fees on bitcoin transactions, thus allowing mass adoption of bitcoin.
LQwD expects the Lightning Network to eclipse the patchwork of legacy financial networks that are used to move value today. The company’s software will make migration from legacy networks onto the Lightning Network easy and seamless. By onboarding more financial service providers, LQwD intends to grow the value of the Lightning Network.
The company, formerly known as Interlapse Technologies Corp., is harnessing new payment rails built on top of the bitcoin blockchain that are capable of beyond visa-level transaction volumes and backed by bitcoin, the strongest and most well-known cryptocurrency. These new rails, enabled by the Bitcoin Lightning Network, open a vast opportunity and market segment for digital payments and financial services on a global scale. LQwD aims to leverage its position as a public company to enhance
trust in its products and services, and leverage its shares as currency for acquisitions, roll-up and growth, as well as to attract and retain top industry talent.
- The company completed the acquisition of LQwD Financial Corp. in June 2021.
- To date, the company has spent a total of C$8.3 million to purchase approximately 139 Bitcoins, which it now holds, at an average cost of approximately C$60,000 (US$48,000) per Bitcoin.
- LQwD FinTech investors gain exposure to bitcoin as an asset.
- Investors also gain exposure to the Lightning Network, which is positioned for rapid growth.
LQwD FinTech Corp. (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF) Leveraging Increase in Blockchain Interest and All-Time Highs in Lightning Network Capacity
July 18, 2022
- LQwD is leveraging the Lightning Network through its 17 international nodes, with the goal of having 24 nodes by the end of the current quarter
- Active LQwD nodes include Canada, France, Japan, England, Italy, Indonesia, Bahrain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil, Germany, India, Ireland, and US-West
- LQwD released its PaaS offering in November 2021, providing easy node and channel management on the Lightning Network and LSPs for merchants
- The blockchain market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 68.4%, resulting in a projected value of US $67.4 billion by 2026
Despite the volatility of the cryptocurrency market, namely Bitcoin prices falling approximately 38% in June to end the month at less than US $20,000 (https://ccw.fm/ZdBpN
), the Lightning Network sees new all-time highs, boosting scaling capabilities of Bitcoin. The Lightning Network is a layer-2 scaling solution that makes Bitcoin transactions faster and lowers subsequent fees for sending and receiving across the network. The daily average capacity reported has crossed 4,167 BTC, up from the end of June, where reports showed a capacity of 3,962 BTC (https://ccw.fm/EVOiE
LQwD FinTech (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF), a financial technology company focused on creating enterprise-grade
infrastructure to drive bitcoin adoption, is scaling solutions through the Lightning Network. The company currently has 17 international nodes active on the Lightning Network, including Canada, France, Japan, England, Italy, Indonesia, Bahrain, South Africa, South Korea, Sweden, Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil, Germany, India, Ireland, and US-West. To follow LQwD’s nodes on the Lightning Network, visit: https://lqwdfintech.com/lightning-netowrk-stats/ .
Receive SMS Text Alerts from CryptoCurrencyWire
Text "CRYPTO" to 844-397-5787
(US Mobile Phones Only)
July 29-31, 2022 - Los Angeles, CA
The NFT Expoverse Los Angeles is organized by ZJ Events, a world leader promoting B2B and B2C networking through conferences, trade shows, and seminars. More than 300+ exhibitors will be demonstrating their products and services at the conference. This platform promotes new and innovative talent to get discovered by potential investors.
The three-day event will cover a wide spectrum of topics about blockchain and related technologies. Experts will reside at speaker sessions, conduct discussions, and share their insights about what the future holds for these technological and cultural advancements.
Meet the emerging talents and understand their new offerings. Learn about the world of the metaverse and witness the NFT galleries showcasing art from creative experts.
Creative experts, fashion houses, developers, gamers, artists, and sportspeople, will leverage the trade show forum to grow together as a worldwide community.
- The ZJ NFT Expoverse is coming to the Los Angeles Convention Center, July 29-31, 2022.
- Global entrepreneurs, finance heads, dignitaries, creatives and thought leaders of Web 3.0, Defi, dApps, cryptocurrency, P2E gaming, as well as NFT arts and collectibles spectrum, will all be at the NFT Expoverse.
- 150+ experts will conduct sessions, panel discussions, and Q&A, about the unlimited scope and prospects of these emerging fields and technologies
About CryptoCurrencyWire (CCW)
CryptoCurrencyWire (“CCW”) is a financial news and content distribution company, one of 40+ brands within our InvestorBrandNetwork
(“IBN”), that provides: (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to 1+ million followers; and (5) a full array of corporate
communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CCW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CCW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness.
CryptoCurrencyWire is where news, content and information converge.
For more information, please visit https://www.CryptoCurrencyWire.com
View the latest press releases and news articles covering blockchain and crytpocurrency related companies.
Connect With Us
Follow us on social media for the latest news and information from our network of brands and clients.