LQwD FinTech Corp.
(TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF)
LQwD FinTech Corp. (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF) is a financial technology company focused on creating enterprise-grade infrastructure to drive bitcoin adoption.
LQwD FinTech’s mission is to develop institutional-grade services that support the Lightning Network and drive improved functionality, transaction capability, user adoption and utility, and scaling of bitcoin. LQwD is also securing a substantial position in bitcoin as an operating asset and will use its holdings to establish nodes and payment channels on the Lightning Network.
The Lightning Network is a second-layer protocol, sitting above the bitcoin blockchain, intended to facilitate faster micro-transactions and lower fees on bitcoin transactions, thus allowing mass adoption of bitcoin.
LQwD expects the Lightning Network to eclipse the patchwork of legacy financial networks that are used to move value today. The company’s software will make migration from legacy networks onto the Lightning Network easy and seamless. By onboarding more financial service providers, LQwD intends to grow the value of the Lightning Network.
The company, formerly known as Interlapse Technologies Corp., is harnessing new payment rails built on top of the bitcoin blockchain that are capable of beyond visa-level transaction volumes and backed by bitcoin, the strongest and most well-known cryptocurrency. These new rails, enabled by the Bitcoin Lightning Network, open a vast opportunity and market segment for digital payments and financial services on a global scale. LQwD aims to leverage its position as a public company to enhance
trust in its products and services, and leverage its shares as currency for acquisitions, roll-up and growth, as well as to attract and retain top industry talent.
- The company completed the acquisition of LQwD Financial Corp. in June 2021.
- To date, the company has spent a total of C$8.3 million to purchase approximately 139 Bitcoins, which it now holds, at an average cost of approximately C$60,000 (US$48,000) per Bitcoin.
- LQwD FinTech investors gain exposure to bitcoin as an asset.
- Investors also gain exposure to the Lightning Network, which is positioned for rapid growth.
CryptoNewsBreaks - LQwD FinTech Corp. (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF) at Forefront to Implement Cryptocurrency as Viable Monetary Solution
September 12, 2022 2:15 PM
- LQwD’s BTC capacity on The Lightning Network exceeds 30 BTC with over 300 payment channels operating across 17 countries with plans to expand to 24 countries by the end of the current quarter
- The debut of Bitcoin occurred during the recession of 2008 by an anonymous individual or group later named “Satoshi Nakamoto”
- The fractionalized form of bitcoin is named after Nakamoto, with 1 satoshi equivalent to 0.00000001 BTC
- The cryptocurrency market value is expected to reach US $4.94 billion by 2030
LQwD FinTech (TSX.V: LQWD) (OTCQB: LQWDF), a company focused on developing enterprise-grade infrastructure to drive Bitcoin adoption, has operated on the Lightning Network (“LN”) since November 2021, amassing a capacity of over 30 BTC with more than 300 channels facilitating BTC
transactions for micropayment users. “The Lightning Network has allowed users to complete payments using the layer 2 protocol quicker than traditional blockchain and even faster than some of the world’s leading institutions. Payments made using the LN offer faster settlement times, cheaper fees and higher levels of security than their centralized counterparts,” a recent article reads. “With the increased need for operational efficiency and transparency in financial
payment systems, implementing cryptocurrency as a viable monetary solution appeals to developing and underdeveloped countries worldwide. LQwD is at the forefront of this movement, leveraging its Bitcoin assets to drive further adoption of the LN. With the assistance of its proprietary platform-as-a-service (‘PaaS’), users can send payments instantly, securely and inexpensively anywhere in the world.”
Receive SMS Text Alerts from CryptoCurrencyWire
Text "CRYPTO" to 844-397-5787
(US Mobile Phones Only)
Crypto Fest, South Africa
9/30, 2022 - Cape Town, South Africa
The 4TH edition of the Crypto Fest 2022 is being held on the beautiful beaches of Cape Town, South Africa, on September 30, 2022, as a hybrid event and via live stream. The world’s leading experts, entrepreneurs, fintech professionals, technology and innovation leaders of the Crypto-Defi-NFT-Web3 space from across the globe will attend the event physically as well as virtually.
Attendees can connect with the experts and learn about the latest opportunities and strategies that exist in the cryptocurrencies, stable coins, and Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs), Decentralised Finance (Defi), and allied sectors. The Crypto Fest is being organized in collaboration with the SA Innovation Summit, the largest startup event in Africa, and is a part of the Week of Innovation taking place in Cape Town over 3 days, the 27-29 September 2022.
- The Crypto Fest 2022, as the 4th edition, is being held on September 30, 2022, as a hybrid event in Cape Town, South Africa, and via live stream.
- The world’s leading industry experts, entrepreneurs, industry innovators, global cryptocurrency and blockchain thought leaders, fintech professionals, and more, will be gracing the occasion.
- Discover the latest networking opportunities, collaborations, and new strategic partnerships, and discover the latest NFT, DeFi, and cryptocurrency solutions and products at the event.
- Blockchain Economy Dubai Summit — Dubai, UAE — 10/4 - 10/5
- DeFi Conf 2022 — Belfast, Ireland — 10/6
- CoinAgenda Global — Las Vegas — 10/21 - 10/23
- SiGMA Europe — MFCC, Malta — 11/22 - 11/25
- CoinAgenda Caribbean — Puerto Rico — 12/5 - 12/7
About CryptoCurrencyWire (CCW)
CryptoCurrencyWire (“CCW”) is a financial news and content distribution company, one of 40+ brands within our InvestorBrandNetwork
(“IBN”), that provides: (1) access to a network of wire services via NetworkWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible; (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets; (3) enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact; (4) social media distribution via IBN to 1+ million followers; and (5) a full array of corporate
communications solutions. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, CCW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, CCW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness.
CryptoCurrencyWire is where news, content and information converge.
For more information, please visit https://www.CryptoCurrencyWire.com
View the latest press releases and news articles covering blockchain and crytpocurrency related companies.
Connect With Us
Follow us on social media for the latest news and information from our network of brands and clients.